Healthy Lunch Jars
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 bag From Good Roots Kaleslaw
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cob of corn
- 1 small avocado
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Sea salt flakes and ground white pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- Put rice into a fine sieve. Rinse under cold running water until water runs clear. Put rice into a saucepan with 2 cups cold water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 25 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat and stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add corn cob and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut kernels from cob.
- Spoon avocado flesh into a small food processor. Add buttermilk, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process until a smooth thick sauce forms.
- Spoon Kaleslaw into the base of 4x 2 cup capacity jars. Top with layers of rice, diced tomato, kaleslaw, corn, rice, red capsicum, kaleslaw and carrot. Spoon avocado dressing on top of salad and serve. (If preferred spoon avocado dressing through layers of salad).