Fresh Rice Rolls with Dipping Sauce
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs warm water
- 2 tbs finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 70g thin vermicelli rice noodles
- 300g tub From Good Roots Classic Coleslaw
- 12 (22cm) rice paper sheets
- 250g peeled cooked prawns, halved lengthways
- 24 mint leaves
- Combine hoisin sauce, vinegar and water in a bowl. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with nuts and chilli.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Add rice noodles and cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Drain. Roughly chop with scissor and place into a bowl. Add coleslaw and stir until combined.
- Half fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper sheet in water for 30 seconds. Transfer to a clean work surface. Place 2 tbs coleslaw mixture along centre. Top with 2 pieces of prawn. Fold the end over filling and fold in sides. Roll twice. Place 2 mint leave, right side up onto roll. Roll enclosing leaves. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with remaining sheets and filling. Serve with dipping sauce.