Recipes: Rocket, fresh fig, blue cheese and nut salad with pork cutlets
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 120g bag rocket leaves – supermarket produce dept.
- 5 figs, quartered
- 100g creamy blue vein cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pork cutlets
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine pecans and maple syrup in a bowl. Spread mixture onto prepared baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on tray. Roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill over a high heat. Season cutlets with sea salt flakes and black pepper. Chargrill cutlets for 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Put rocket leaves into a large bowl. Add nuts, figs and blue cheese. Whisk oil and vinegar in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Serve cutlets with salad.