So much to enjoy during our autumn months. The days are still mild and plenty of time to continue to enjoy picnics and the outdoors. And then the cooler evenings call for something that is a little more hearty and substantial for dinner.
Easy entertaining or Weekend BBQ
Pre prepared salads are the answer to picnics, casual outings and weekend meals. So much variety and so many variations on how you can use them to create delicious, tasty and healthy meals.
Try our award winning Crunchy Salad Kit. Winner, Product of the Year 2017* in the Fresh Ready to Eat category.
For something really tasty (and easy) when guests drop in. Simply take a Crunchy Salad Kit from your local supermarket and add a few extra fresh ingredients and make create something special.
*Survey by Nielson
Chicken & Asian Salad with Fresh Herbs (Serves 4):
- 1 or 2 bags Crunchy Salad Kit/s
- Bunch of fresh mint, coriander and basil
- Fresh chilli – chopped finely
- Juice of one lime
- 3 marinated chicken breasts (soy sauce, ginger and dash of fish sauce)
- 1 tin Coconut Milk
- 1.5 cups Jasmine Rice
- Place the salad bag in a large bowl.
- Take a combination of fresh mint, coriander and basil and roughly chop. Add some finely chopped fresh chilli to taste.
- Sprinkle herbs and chilli over salad.
- Pour over the dressing and noodles (Supplied with the salad)
- Squeeze with fresh lime juice and toss to combine.
- Slice marinated chicken and then skewer on pre-soaked wooden skewers. BBQ for 5 to 10 mins until cooked through.
- While cooking chicken, bring 3 cups water to the boil and then add 1.5 cups of Jasmine Rice and one tin of coconut milk. Turn heat down and Simmer for 10/12 mins until rice is fluffy. Drain.
- Serve salad with marinated chicken skewers and a side of coconut rice.
Weeknight Comfort Food
There is a delicious range of THE REAL fresh soups available at your local supermarket.
Enjoy with crusty bread or get creative with a new twist by adding a few additional seasonal ingredients.
Crunchy Seeded Soup
- 1 container x THE REAL Skinny Tomato or Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup
- Handful of seeds and nuts such as sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pepitas
- Tablespoon natural yoghurt or sour cream
- Ground cumin
- Heat soup as per pack directions in microwave or on the stove
- Roast seeds/nuts in a non stick pan on high heat (carefully toasting until golden brown) 1-2 mins
- Place soup in bowl and sprinkle with toasted seeds
- Add dollop of yoghurt or sour cream
- Lightly sprinkle cumin over seeds
- Serve with crusty bread or toast